A security supervisor is in charge of organizing and managing the security personnel in a structure or specific region. Their duties center on creating plans, selecting employees, and putting protocols in place to guarantee the security of a facility, its contents, and the people that occupy it. They also need to manage schedules, monitor, and assess the performance of each security worker, ensure that all security tools and equipment’s are operational, and maintain a secure atmosphere for everybody. It is essential to immediately coordinate with the police in case there are any incidents. This blog highlights role of Security Supervisor along with its Duties & Responsibilities.
Why are security guards so important to the organization?
Physical security is essential to the efficient operation of any firm. A firm needs to pay equal attention to protecting its valuables, personnel, and security. A substantial loss of money and property results from an imbalance in any one of these. Since security is a crucial component of any business, a private security firm takes on the responsibility of offering security services to diverse businesses.
Some of the main reasons why security services are crucial for every business are listed below.
Prevents unwanted physical access
In terms of physical access control, security services play a significant role. Before somebody enters the building, a security officer has the authority to stop them or question them. Not every person who enters your place of business does so with the best of intentions. Using security services at the building’s entry might stop problems in their tracks. To determine if someone has come with good intentions or not, they can even question them.
Provides physical surveillance
An intruder may enter your office building and leave hazardous materials there on purpose. A skilled security officer can detect danger in something that doesn’t appear to be a threat at all. They resemble human-bodied CCTV surveillance devices in practically every way!
Sense of security
You can feel secure knowing that security personnel are watching over your place of business. Security services may give your business’s staff, clients, and nearly all other stakeholders a sense of security. Customers and staff will feel secure since they understand that you also care about their safety. The necessity for security services is considerably greater if your company is situated in an area with a high risk of crime, such as the NCR. As a result, a lot of security companies in Delhi NCR offer businesses the best-trained security people that can watch over and defend your office.
By protecting your belongings and the valuables at your business, a security guard enhances workplace security. When security services are present, theft is less likely to occur. Security guards will prevent malicious individuals from entering the building in the first place, and even if they do, it will be incredibly challenging for them to leave without being noticed by the guards. Gurgaon and other security agencies are well-trained to safeguard the property from such individuals as well.
The presence of a security service guarantees workplace discipline, particularly when several clients must enter. Furthermore, if a visitor arrives at the office without an appointment letter or another type of authorization, security officers won’t let them in. This minimizes the burden on the staff to host unwelcome guests. Additionally, many people who come to your business for the first time might not be familiar with where certain cubicles are located. They waste the time of the employees by questioning them in the end. A security guard can assist with providing directions, increasing convenience and reducing travel time for everyone.
Improve customer service
Customer service and security officer work often go hand in hand. It is always about the client when it comes to protecting assets or people. As part of their duty to protect clients, you frequently find yourself chit-chatting with them to find out how they’re doing and how you might help. Your success in helping others around you increases as you get better at listening to your customers. As a result, security frequently develops a rapport with consumers, introducing them to the company and giving them their first impression.
Security officers’ main responsibility is to keep people safe, but they also frequently serve as a resource or point of contact for clients. A consumer can occasionally require assistance opening a locked door or nighttime transportation to their vehicle. When reporting an incident in tight circumstances, a consumer might be agitated and talk hastily. Security must interpret the information being sent and provide assistance to help people feel safe and secure.
Provide a quick response time
Security responds immediately; in the case of incident response, every second matters. It is crucial that the threat is identified and addressed as soon as feasible. In order to take charge of a situation while awaiting the arrival of the police or emergency medical services, security is essential.
Handle security issues in an efficient manner
Security protects the asset with sound judgment and evaluates the circumstances to determine the best course of action. It may be the difference between life and death whether an event is discovered and resolved in two minutes versus two hours. It is crucial to manage security issues effectively since the threat landscape is constantly shifting. To prevent fear and the threat escalating, the situation must be contained. It is simpler to handle and fix the problem successfully and swiftly return the company to its regular operations when there is organization, protocol, and adequate staffing.
Duties and Responsibilities of a security supervisor
Here are some duties from actual security supervisor resumes that depict regular duties that they would probably carry out in their positions.
- Through efficient communication and prompt, correct response to customer service requests, establish effective relationships with all security department personnel.
- Inform management staff of problems and circumstances that is occurring at the facility using both written and vocal communication channels.
- Help visitors, staff, and students by checking their identification documents.
- In the event of a medical emergency, render first aid, CPR, or other necessary support until help arrives.
- Update the rules by generating a new risk id for functional conflicts and transporting it via the GRC RAR landscape.
- Ensure that all other assigned equipment, such as a CPR life mask, metal handcuffs, and flashlight are in working order.
- Observe surveillance footage and check the identification of visitors and locals.
- Together with another supervisor, share responsibility for creating departmental schedules and processing payroll.
- Assist in educating new officers about the institution, the policies, and how to comply with them.
- Identify the security strategy for design, development, implementation, and support GRC in the global security plan.
- Responsibilities included operating/maintaining CCTV, handling business and individual receiving, document management, and complete file upkeep.
- Make that CCTV systems are monitored sensitively, professionally, and in accordance with applicable laws and procedures.
- Teach rookie officers how to navigate patrol routes and how to deal with people in both emergency and non-emergency circumstances.
- Data entry into corporate and DOD computer systems.
- By making schedules, preparing training materials, processing payroll, and instructing new security officers, show that you have managerial and organizational abilities.
- Control and oversee the organization’s security operations.
- Security personnel are instructed and have activities and programmes scheduled.
- Analyze, appraise, and evaluate security personnel’s performance.
- Anywhere disciplinary action is required, start it.
- Ensure the safety of office personnel, buildings, and assets.
- Keep all potential threats away from the property.
- Before allowing visitors on the property, check them out.
- Maintain the functionality of all security tools and products.
- Create and put into action precautions against risks including theft, accidents, and other occurrences.
- While implementing security measures, be sure that all applicable policies and regulations are being followed.
Security Supervisor Job Description:
The following is a list of typical responsibilities and tasks included in a security supervisor’s job description:
- Write security reports and submit them.
- Ensure safety
- Uphold law and order in the region under your jurisdiction.
- Patrol alongside the personnel to keep an eye on them.
- Set up patrol zones for the cops.
- safeguarding persons and property
- Patrol the area often with your crew and keep an eye out for any hazards or strange people.
- Attend to distress signals and sirens
- Verify the functionality of all security equipment, including the CCTV and burglar alarms.
In the event that it is necessary, security personnel are prepared with specific equipment. The instruction they receive and the tools they use guarantee your workplace’s safety and, to a large part, its efficiency. Moreover, they also help in maintaining the brand reputation of your company along with having the premises maintained. So, it is important to hire the security supervisor for your business.